- According to the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine, according to the results of the bilateral trade in 2019, exports of Ukrainian goods to Belgium increased by 12.8% compared to 2018, amounting to USA million 680.898. Imports of goods from Belgium decreased by 0.8% to USD million 549.45. The positive balance of bilateral trade in goods amounted to 131.5 million USD. USA during this year.
- According to the results of the bilateral trade in 2019, exports of Ukrainian services to Belgium increased by 19% compared to 2018 and amounted to USA million 110.6. Imports of services from Belgium increased by 11.2% (USA million 172.8 USA). The negative balance of bilateral trade in services amounted to USA million 62.2.
- The total bilateral trade between Ukraine and Belgium in 2019 increased by 10% (amounted to USA million 1513.7 million).
- The main export commodities are cereals: seeds and fruits of oil plants, mineral fuels; oil and its distillation products; products of inorganic chemistry; ferrous metals; textile clothing; wood and articles thereof. The main imported goods are: pharmaceutical products; plastics, polymeric materials; means of land transport (except rail); chemical products; nuclear reactors, boilers, machines; electric machines; meat; mineral fuels, oil and products of its distillation; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and vinegar.
- The volume of Belgian investments in the Ukrainian economy for 2019 (as of 31.12.2019) amounted to USD million 104.8. Investments are attracted to already developed economic spheres. The largest number of investments were directed to the Ukrainian industry – 33,4%, to the establishments and organizations engaged in wholesale and retail trade, repairing of motor vehicles and motorcycles – 15,5%.
There are more than 120 Belgian companies operating at the Ukrainian market. The main areas where Belgian capital is working are: industry (food and machinery), trade and services, transport and telecommunications, agriculture, logistics, technology and innovation.